Spring 2021 Brain Tumor Survivor and Caregiver Symposium
The Brain Tumor Survivor and Caregiver Symposium is back and better than ever! This year, the Spring Symposium will be held virtually and will be packed with the latest treatments, coping mechanisms and other educational information.
The program will focus on providing the brain tumor patients and their caregivers with information and tools to help handle the challenges that may come up after a brain tumor diagnosis. We will provide a forum for the brain tumor survivor and caregiver to get information and ask questions specifically related to their particular issues.
- 7:30- Registration
- 7:55- Welcome
- 8:00- Phase 0 Clinical Trials by Dr. Nader Sanai
- 8:30- Radiation Therapy for Brain & Spine Tumors by Dr. Michael Garcia
- 9:00- Break
- 9:15- Learning to Live Life After a Brain Tumor Diagnosis: Emphasis on Quality Rather than Quantity by Dr. Ekokobe Fonkem
- 9:45- Knowing Your Options: Considerations for Benefits and Finances by Sadie Kleiman
- 10:15- Break
- 10:30- Common Challenges and Coping Mechanisms After a Brain Tumor Diagnosis for Patients and Their Caregivers by Dr. Pamela Klonoff
- 11:00- What to Know About COVID-19 When Dealing With a Brain Tumor Diagnosis by Dr. Ana Moran
- 11:30- Thank you and Adjourn